The theme for the 2017 IABC World Conference is GLOBAL BUSINESS: Lead Communication, Make Real Impact. It represents our mission to elevate your career and to highlight the global rise of communication as a business-crucial part of any organization.
About the World Conference
The IABC World Conference is a long-standing, global professional development event designed for communication practitioners. The only major conference of its type, the event typically draws 1,200 attendees from around the world. Speakers are selected through a peer-reviewed process, with evaluations conducted by top experts in the field. Selections are based on alignment to the IABC Global Standard, and the degree to which the sessions will inform, engage and deliver on the conference theme.
Do you need help convincing your boss to cover the expense of attending? Use this template letter to get started.
What to expect
A focus on innovation will be carried throughout the program, building on what we’ve learned about outstanding communication, and capturing the newest knowledge and ideas in the profession. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn how to drive innovation and reinvent your communication practice.
- Access ideas about new tools and techniques that will foster your ability to innovate.
- Experience truly inspirational keynotes who can expand your ideas about the future of the profession.
By attending the IABC World Conference, you will:
- Increase your network with over 1,000 participants.
- Learn new methods and tactics from outstanding keynote speeches and panel discussions.
- Add tools to your toolbox through exceptional sessions in a variety of formats.
- Earn credits toward professional certification.
Tracks with a focus
Our sessions are organized into five tracks:
- Communication skills: Skill-based knowledge, such as technical and social media skills, measurement techniques, planning, writing, photography/visuals, design and presenting
- Leadership and strategy: Dialogue and techniques that position communication as a high-value function, enable communicators to facilitate and foster relationships, build leadership skills and empower communicators to better support business goals
- Marketing and brand: Insights and expertise on marketing to support sales and branding as an expression of the value of an organization, product or service
- Reputation: Guidance on interpreting perceptions, values and connections that stakeholders have toward an organization, incorporating social responsibility and employing strategies for preparing for, and dealing with, a crisis
- Employee engagement: Case studies, analysis and best practices that help to ensure employee behaviors that support organizational goals and demonstrate above-and-beyond commitment
Global Standard and Career Paths
The World Conference program is aligned to the Global Standard, defined by communication professionals around the world who embrace a shared career purpose and six core Principles as the building blocks of their work.
Sessions will also be categorized by Career Path, helping to support your career goals as you plan your schedule. Choose the path that best describes where you are today.