Employees complain about information overload and important organizational messages do not reach them. Sound familiar? If so, this webinar is for you.
In this session with Janet Swaysland, we will dig into:
- Why employees are more overwhelmed than ever
- Ways to reduce the noise and increase the impact of internal communication
- Rethinking the internal communications role and value in the organization
About The Presenter
Janet Swaysland leads Bluefire Partners, a boutique employee communications and engagement firm. She has served in marketing and workplace communications leadership positions at Monster and at Iron Mountain and has extensive consulting experience, most recently as EVP in Weber Shandwick’s global employee engagement and change management practice. Earlier, Janet held senior leadership roles at marketing services agencies Mullen and Brodeur Partners.
Confident Leadership is like walking a tightrope: too little, and you have no credibility; too much, and you are seen as a bully. Striking the right balance is a critical – and often elusive – skill. This highly engaging and informative session provides participants with a deep understanding of what makes a Confident Leader as well as specific tools to get there.
Presenter/Anna Conrad, JD, is founder of Impact Leadership Solutions, a Denver based leadership development and consulting firm founded in 2007. She has coached and trained thousands of people around the globe. Her leadership programs and executive coaching consistently garner the highest ratings from her clients, including Western Union, Crocs, CBRE, Comcast, Level 3, DigitalGlobe, CoBank, and dozens more. Conrad has been a sought after expert on over 300 radio shows throughout the U.S., and she has been featured in major publications, including Fast Company, Inc., Chicago Tribune, and Business Journals in every US major city. She is the author of the best selling book (R)evolution: One Man’s Leadership Journey.
Shake off winter at IABC’s Spring Mixer and Volunteer Reception!
Now that spring is here, get out and mix and mingle with fellow communications professionals. Take this opportunity to expand your network and share tips and tricks of the trade with colleagues. See familiar faces and meet new ones, too!
This evening we will also celebrate the great work our volunteer leadership team has accomplished for the chapter this past year. We invite you to come learn about getting involved with the chapter – meet our Board of Directors and find out why lending your talents to the chapter not only keeps us going but also futhers your career.
Enjoy complimentary appetizers and a drink. See you at Firebrand Saints!
Using real life case studies, this presentation will provide attendees with the tools they need to proactively prepare for, survive, and rebuild their brand following a crisis. By attending this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Be proactive! Build out positive properties early on.
- Utilize SEO experts to ensure these properties rank well.
- Plan for a crisis, even if you NEVER think one might hit.
- Rebuild post-crisis with reputation management tactics.
- Integrate efforts for PR + SEO for maximum brand success.
Presenter/Darius Fisher, is the CEO & Co-Founder of Status Labs, the premier digital reputation management, digital marketing, and crisis public relations firm. Fisher helped grow the company to 40 employees, built relationships with many of the top public relations agencies, and won new business from Fortune 500 companies, executives, and political campaigns. He also spearheaded Status Labs’ international growth, building our business in Latin America, Europe, and the Gulf Region.
The IABC World Conference is a long-standing, global professional development event designed for communication practitioners. The only major conference of its type, the event typically draws 1,000 to 1,200 attendees from around the world. Speakers are selected through a peer-reviewed process, with evaluations conducted by top experts in the field. Selections are based on alignment to the IABC Global Standard, and the degree to which the sessions will inform, engage and deliver on the conference theme.
Following through on this year’s theme, a focus on innovation will be carried throughout the program, building on the best of what we’ve learned about outstanding communication, and aiming high to capture the newest knowledge and ideas in the profession. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn how to drive innovation and reinvent your communication practice.
- Access ideas about new tools and techniques that will foster your ability to innovate.
- Experience truly inspirational keynotes who can expand your ideas about the future of the profession.
Problem is, many of the techniques we’ve institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes. In fact, some of the standards in the corporate communicator’s repertoire are more likely to hinder than help your chances at getting the word out.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we’ll debunk destructive writing myths. (You’re not still married to the inverted pyramid, are you?!) You’ll leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader: To move people to act, give them what they really want
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write easier to read & understand
- Lift Ideas Off the Page: Draw readers in and reach non-readers with display copy
- Get a writing workout with Wylie: Take your message from ‘meh’ to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work
IABC Boston members save $100 on any ticket! Email us to receive the promo code to use at check-out.