Shed your winter coat and mix and mingle with fellow communications professionals this spring. Take this opportunity to bounce a business challenge off of colleagues, share a new tip you picked up at a recent conference, and expand your network. See familiar faces and meet new ones.
Curious to learn more about IABC Boston? Come to the event and meet our Board of Directors who are happy to chat with you!
Enjoy complimentary appetizers and a drink. See you at Firebrand Saints!
The IABC World Conference is a long-standing, global professional development event designed for communication practitioners. The only major conference of its type, the event typically draws 1,000 to 1,200 attendees from around the world. Speakers are selected through a peer-reviewed process, with evaluations conducted by top experts in the field. Selections are based on alignment to the IABC Global Standard, and the degree to which the sessions will inform, engage and deliver on the conference theme.
Following through on this year’s theme, a focus on innovation will be carried throughout the program, building on the best of what we’ve learned about outstanding communication, and aiming high to capture the newest knowledge and ideas in the profession. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn how to drive innovation and reinvent your communication practice.
- Access ideas about new tools and techniques that will foster your ability to innovate.
- Experience truly inspirational keynotes who can expand your ideas about the future of the profession.
Problem is, many of the techniques we’ve institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes. In fact, some of the standards in the corporate communicator’s repertoire are more likely to hinder than help your chances at getting the word out.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we’ll debunk destructive writing myths. (You’re not still married to the inverted pyramid, are you?!) You’ll leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader: To move people to act, give them what they really want
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write easier to read & understand
- Lift Ideas Off the Page: Draw readers in and reach non-readers with display copy
- Get a writing workout with Wylie: Take your message from ‘meh’ to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work
IABC Boston members save $100 on any ticket! Email us to receive the promo code to use at check-out.