Problem is, many of the techniques we’ve institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes. In fact, some of the standards in the corporate communicator’s repertoire are more likely to hinder than help your chances at getting the word out.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we’ll debunk destructive writing myths. (You’re not still married to the inverted pyramid, are you?!) You’ll leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader: To move people to act, give them what they really want
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write easier to read & understand
- Lift Ideas Off the Page: Draw readers in and reach non-readers with display copy
- Get a writing workout with Wylie: Take your message from ‘meh’ to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work
IABC Boston members save $100 on any ticket! Email us to receive the promo code to use at check-out.