The Boston chapter of IABC derives its energy and direction from an all-volunteer group of leaders. We are always looking for talented and passionate members to help drive our chapter forward. Join us!
BE A CHAPTER LEADER
Serving on the IABC Boston Board or Management Committee gives you greater access to professional resources, communications best practices and enhanced networking experiences. You will develop professionally, gaining new skills and experience. You will become a more relevant and valuable asset to your organization and clients. It’s also a great resume booster!
Being a chapter leader lets you give back to the profession by making a positive and tangible impact on our chapter and our members. Any IABC member based in New England who is in good standing is eligible to apply. Non-members who are interested in joining and serving are also encouraged to apply.
We are recruiting leaders for the ’17/’18 board year
- Learn about the open chapter positions and responsibilities and the nomination process.
- Fill out and submit the application by April 30.
Can’t commit to a leadership role? Then volunteer for ad-hoc projects that can be tailored to your interests, schedule and talents. And while you contribute to the effective operation of the chapter, you will gain skills and experience, grow your professional network and have fun!
Sample Project Opportunities:
- Write copy to publicize or recap our professional development programs.
- Contribute ideas and features to our website or newsletter.
- Enhance IABC presence on social media channels.
- Plan events and mixers that bring communicators together.
- Create and execute strategies to build up membership.
- Develop networking and partnership opportunities as an IABC ambassador.
Getting involved with IABC Boston can fit around your schedule. Leadership and volunteer projects, meetings and collaboration take place virtually, so duties can be fulfilled from anywhere at anytime.
If you’d like to get involved, or have questions, please email us!